- My grandma’s brothers, Cyril and Lawrence Marvell, lied about their ages to join the fighting in World War One.
- Cyril was killed at Gallipoli in 1915. Lawrence survived the First World War but was killed in the Second after being trapped in France after Dunkirk.
- My great grandfather may have committed trigamy.
- My great uncle, Jack Hargreaves, played for Yeovil against Sunderland in the famous FA Cup fourth round tie of 1949.
- Burglars broke into my great great great grandfather’s butcher’s shop and stole a leg of veal one night in 1849.
Click here for more details of these stories.